Limited Spay & Neuter Appointments
Due to nationwide veterinary staff shortages, we are unable to routinely offer spay/neuter appointments. Seattle Humane’s public Spay & Neuter Clinic is accepting limited appointment requests for surgery at this time. We are also trying to assess community spay/neuter needs. For non-urgent surgeries, please fill out this short questionnaire. We will reach out to you as soon as we have an appointment available.
If you need to schedule a spay or neuter surgery quickly, you may want to consider contacting your regular veterinarian. We encourage you to check back periodically to see if we are offering appointments, or you can review this list of other clinics that offer spay/neuter services in the meantime.
If you think your pet is having a medical emergency, take them to a veterinary hospital right away.
Seattle Humane Spay & Neuter Clinic
The Seattle Humane Spay & Neuter clinic offers reduced-cost spay and neuter surgeries for dogs and cats of low-income families in our community. We use Fear Free techniques to reduce the fear, anxiety and stress for animals in our care. Learn more about preparing your pet for a visit here.
We provide our low-income neighbors with reduced-cost spaying and neutering services.
- Dog Spay – $135
- Dog Neuter – $115
- Cat Spay – $65
- Cat Neuter – $45
Please check the chart below to see if your income level (based on the number of people in your household) is below the amount listed to qualify for this service. You must meet the income qualifications in order to schedule an appointment.
|1 Person||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||5 Person|
For the safety of our community, staff and the animals in our care, we currently have curbside and electronic procedures for all of our appointments.
- If you are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19, please call us to reschedule your appointment.
- Masks are required at all times while visiting Seattle Humane.
We currently have curbside and electronic procedures for all of our appointments, in order to provide the most organized and efficient process through our busy Medical Center. Waiting in your vehicle for your appointment time helps to decrease your pet’s stress & anxiety and avoid interactions with other pets that could lead to injuries or illness.
- Please remain in your vehicle with your pet until instructed otherwise by staff. Please follow instructions on signage for contacting staff as appropriate.
- Pre-Surgery and Post-Surgery instructions will be emailed and are available below – please review prior to drop-off and pick-up. If you have questions, please call or email us.
- We expect the process to go quickly with online forms and payments, but you should plan for up to 30 minutes to complete the drop-off.
- We have group drop-off and pick-up times listed below. Arriving on time and following our guidelines will help ensure a positive experience for your pets:
- Cat Drop-off: 7:15 a.m.
- Cat Pick-up: Same Day 4:00 p.m.
- Dog Drop-off: 7:45 a.m.
- Dog Pick-up: Same Day 4:30 p.m.