Spay & Neuter Appointments
In general, appointments for spay & neuter surgeries open on the fourth Monday of each month for the following month. If the appointment type you need is not available, please check back at a later date. There is a high demand for appointments and we appreciate your patience while we care for pets in our community.
If you need to schedule a spay or neuter surgery quickly, you may want to consider contacting your regular veterinarian. We encourage you to check back periodically for available appointments, or you can review this list of other clinics that offer spay & neuter services.
If you think your pet is having a medical emergency, take them to a veterinary hospital right away.
Seattle Humane Spay & Neuter Clinic
The Seattle Humane Spay & Neuter clinic offers reduced-cost spay and neuter surgeries for dogs and cats of low-income families in our community. We use Fear Free techniques to reduce the fear, anxiety and stress for animals in our care. Learn more about preparing your pet for a visit here.
The following fees are effective for services scheduled after April 1, 2023.
To provide the best possible care to you and your pet, we require any pets that fall into the following categories be seen at a Pre-Operative Exam through our Wellness Clinic.
Pets that fall into these categories may have higher risks associated with surgery. Failure to schedule a Pre-Operative Exam prior to your surgery may result in cancellation or additional fees.
- Brachycephalic breeds (French or English bulldog, Boston terrier, pug, Pekingese, Japanese chin, boxer, and some individuals of bully breeds)
- Breed-associated cardiac risk (doberman, dane, Irish wolfhound, saint bernard, newfoundland, cocker spaniel, cavalier king charles spaniel, Portuguese water dog, dalmatian and boxer)
- High Risk MDR-1 Mutation (collie, border collie, Australian shepherd, Shetland sheepdog, old English sheepdog, German shepherd)
- High risk bleeding disorder (doberman, dane)
- Over 8 years
- Breed-associated cardiac risk (sphynx, Maine coon, ragdoll, Persian, exotic/British shorthair, devon rex, Bengal)
- Brachycephalic Breeds (Persian, Himalayan, exotic/British shorthair)
- Over 11 years
Seattle Humane is not able to offer surgery to greyhounds or sight hounds, or pets with known seizure disorders.
If any of the conditions listed below are found during surgery, additional fees will apply.
(reducible, spays only)
(senior, brachycephalic, heart murmur or arrhythmia)
(treated by Capstar)
Please check the chart below to see if your income level (based on the number of people in your household) is below the amount listed to qualify for this service. You must meet the income qualifications in order to schedule an appointment.
|1 Person||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||5 Person|
If you are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19, please call us to reschedule your appointment.
We currently have curbside and electronic procedures for all of our appointments, in order to provide the most organized and efficient process through our busy Medical Center. Waiting in your vehicle for your appointment time helps to decrease your pet’s stress & anxiety and avoid interactions with other pets that could lead to injuries or illness.
- Please remain in your vehicle with your pet until instructed otherwise by staff. Please follow instructions on signage for contacting staff as appropriate.
- Pre-Surgery and Post-Surgery instructions will be emailed and are available below – please review prior to drop-off and pick-up. If you have questions, please call or email us.
- We expect the process to go quickly with online forms and payments, but you should plan for up to 45 minutes to complete the drop-off.
- We have group drop-off and pick-up times listed below. Arriving on time and following our guidelines will help ensure a positive experience for your pets:
- Cat Drop-off: 7:10 a.m.
- Cat Pick-up: Same Day 4:30 p.m.
- Dog Drop-off: 7:45 a.m.
- Dog Pick-up: Same Day 4:00 p.m.