Lost & Found Pets

Is your pet lost?

If you’re looking for a lost animal and they are microchipped, the good news is that animal welfare agencies should be able to find you. Be sure to call your veterinarian and/or the microchip company right away to make sure your contact information is up-to-date.

If your pet was not microchipped, contact the local animal welfare agency that handles strays in the area where the pet was lost. Give them a good description of your pet and where you last saw him. Then, scroll down to the bottom of this page where you’ll find a list of things you can do right now to find your lost animal.

Top tips for finding lost animals

Most pet owners never believe that they will lose a pet. But the fact is that pets escape from their owners’ care all of the time! Here are tips to help increase the odds that your pet will be found should he or she escape from your care.

Did you find a lost animal?

Check the pet’s tag and call right away. Next, check the social media sites listed below for posts about lost pets. Finally, if it’s safe to do so, and the animal won’t bite you, you can take them into your vet or shelter to check for a microchip.

Puget Sound Area Animal Welfare Agencies

Seattle Animal Shelter

Serving Seattle
(206) 386-7387

King County Regional Animal Services, Kent

Serving all of King County except: Seattle, Des Moines, Federal Way, Medina, Normandy Park, Renton, Shoreline, and Lake Forest Park
(206) 296-7387

Renton Animal Control

Serving Renton
Urgent: (425) 235-2121
Message line for non-urgent calls: (425) 430-7550

Medina Police Department

Serving Medina & Hunts Point
(425) 233-6420


Serving Edmonds, Kenmore, Lake Forest Park, Mill Creek, Mountlake Terrace, Mukilteo, Shoreline and Woodinville
(425) 787-2500

Everett Animal Shelter

Serving Bothell, Brier, Everett, Gold Bar, Granite Falls, Index, Kirkland, Lake Stevens, Lynnwood, Marysville, Mill Creek, Monroe, Snohomish, Stanwood, Tulalip, unincorporated Snohomish County
(425) 257-6000

Edmonds Animal Control

Serving Edmonds
(425) 775-4545

Des Moines Animal Control

Serving Des Moines
(206) 870-6549

Normandy Park Animal Control Services

(206) 248-7600

Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County

Serving Federal Way, Tacoma, and unincorporated Pierce County
(253) 383-2733