Join Our Team!
Seattle Humane is more than a shelter, we’re a community resource center. We’re meeting the increasing need for pet owner support services, so families don’t have to choose between an overdue bill and a beloved family member. We’re training the next generation of veterinarians in our state-of-the-art medical center. We’re building a community of animal advocates through our volunteer and youth education programs.
The impact of Seattle Humane is life-changing, for the animals in our care and the people who love them. The thousands of animals that come through our doors each year receive best-in-class care, so they can be happy, healthy, well fed and reach their full potential in loving homes. Whatever the challenges may be, we’re here to lift up our community, always with compassion and the highest quality care.
Sound like something you want to be a part of? We want to hear from you!
Competitive Wages & Benefits
At Seattle Humane, we are dedicated to investing in our people and provide competitive wages with entry level positions starting at $22 per hour. We also offer benefits and perks, including:
Health and Well-being
- Medical & Dental: Option to choose coverage from our employer marketplace. Employer contribution covers 100% of the cost of Medical, Dental, and Vision plan.
- Additional Insurance Options: Vision, Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – starting with 15 days a year plus 10 paid holidays, including 6 flexible holidays per year
- Bereavement time off for family and pets
- Paid Sabbatical – One month of paid leave with benefits after four years
Financial and Educational
- Employer Matching Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection
- Continuing Education Support
- Tuition Reimbursement (Vet Tech School)
- Student Loan Forgiveness
Perks & Discounts
- Personal Pet Care Allowance
- Referral Bonuses
- Discounted Pet Adoption Fees
- Access to Select Veterinary Services
- Connections to Cuddly Coworkers
Reach out to [email protected]. Due to the number of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every inquiry. No phone calls please.