Seattle Humane offers post-adoption support and veterinary services for concerns related to the time your new pet spent in our care. If your new pet exhibits symptoms of illness or post-operative complications, our veterinary clinic may be able to help.
Contact Seattle Humane’s veterinary services team at firstname.lastname@example.org if your new pet exhibits any of the following symptoms within 30 days of adoption. Additional fees apply.
- Sick puppies and kittens
- Poor or absent appetite
- Weight loss
- Upper respiratory infection or kennel cough
- Nasal congestion
- Ocular discharge and/or inflammation
- Acute vomiting/diarrhea in adults
- Surgical/incision complications
- Suture or staple removals
- Reducible hernias not diagnosed prior to adoption
- RHDV booster vaccines (rabbits)
Exclusions apply for post-adoption veterinary care at Seattle Humane. Our veterinary clinic is unable to treat the following post-adoption:
- Injuries and other emergencies
- Ingestion of foreign body
- Dental services
- Elective surgeries
- Recheck exams or recheck lab work for chronic medical conditions
- Previously scheduled/shelter canine/feline vaccines, dewormers or other preventative care
For urgent and emergent concerns, we recommend you contact your local veterinarian or veterinary emergency clinic. Please note, Seattle Humane is unable to provide financial reimbursement for veterinary services obtained at outside clinics. View local veterinary emergency clinics.
Seattle Humane offers preventative wellness care (vaccines, dewormers, flea/tick/heartworm prevention, etc.) to income-qualified pet owners through our Community Medicine program. Visit our Community Medicine page for more information.
Call your local VCA Animal Hospital to schedule a complimentary health exam within 14 days of adoption, and activate your 30-day Trupanion pet insurance trial within 24 hours of your pet’s first veterinary exam.
Contact our behavior team at email@example.com.