In-kind donations of most food and supplies are tax-deductible and can be dropped off at the shelter or purchased through one of our online wish lists. Need a donation receipt? Please email an itemized list (including brand of product if possible) of your donations and your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-kind donations are accepted at Seattle Humane during regular business hours. The donation drop-off area is located outside of our Pet Food Bank, in our lower parking lot.
Contact the Donor Services team with any questions at email@example.com or (425) 373-5382.
We keep current wish lists on Amazon, Chewy and CUDDLY, where you can buy much-needed items from cat food to dog leashes and everything in between.
Note: Due to privacy restrictions, Seattle Humane is not provided with customer information for wish list purchases. If you purchase items from any of our wish lists, please forward your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may properly thank you for your gift!
Red Barrel Drop-off Locations
Alternative donation drop-off locations are scattered throughout the greater Seattle area and can be found using the map below.
What donations are accepted?
Seattle Humane is no longer able to accept many kinds of pet medications and is not able to accept ANY prescription medications.
We are UNABLE TO ACCEPT these donated items:
MEDICATIONS and MEDICAL SUPPLIES
- Any prescription items, including prescription flea/tick medications:
- Advantage Multi
- Other flea/tick medications
- Flea/tick collars
- Any Hartz product
- Any product containing permethrins or pyrethroids
- Insulin, syringes, needles and most other medical supplies
- Used litter pans
- Cat trees
- Large crates
- Used cat/dog beds
- Extra large dog beds (these are difficult to wash!)
- Dog Houses
- Automatic water/food dispensers
- Human clothing
- Holiday-themed pet clothing and treats
- Aquatic supplies includes fish tanks, reptile food, fish food, etc.
- Bird supplies or cages
- Homemade dog food or treats
We CAN ACCEPT these donated items:
- Frontline, Frontline Plus, Frontline Gold, Frontline Spray (or generic Fipronil)
- Advantage, Advantage II, Advantix (or generic Imidacloprid)
- Activyl or Activyl Plus
- Dry and canned food or treats – bags may be open, but must be in original container and not expired
- Rabbit, guinea pig and small rodent (hamster, rat, mice) food
- Pet crates that are medium dog or cat sized (largest we accept is 30″ long x 26″ tall x 26″ wide)
- Pet beds – new or gently used are okay, but must be washed and can’t be extra-large
- Pet toys – new or gently used, but no small plastic parts (eyes, nose, etc.), squeakers are okay
- Dog poop bags
- Pee pads and doggy diapers
- Cat litter
- Food bowls
- Leashes, harnesses and collars
- Protective reusable cones
- Fleece blankets
Not sure if we can accept your items? Contact the Donor Services team with any questions at (425) 373-5382 or email@example.com.