Do you ever worry about who will be there for your beloved furry family members if you can’t? Where will your pet go if something happens to you?
Seattle Humane’s Pet Guardian Program is a service for Seattle Humane supporters who wish to entrust their companion animals to Seattle Humane in the event of their incapacity or death.
For a one-time fee of $1,000, an individual or family can enroll as members in the program. This membership covers up to five cats, dogs and small critters; remains in effect during the lifetime of the enrollee; and includes any animals they own at the time of their death.
In return for enrolling in the Pet Guardian Program, Seattle Humane will:
- Provide microchipping for the pets.
- Pick up the animal within a 100-mile radius of Seattle Humane’s Bellevue campus and transport to Seattle Humane, if requested.
- Contact Pet Guardian Program members annually to update our files regarding the pets in their household.
- Take pets immediately upon death.
- Keep pets together, including a dog and a cat, when requested, if beneficial for the animals.
- Place the pets in a foster home when requested or if they are not doing well at the shelter.
- Take as long as necessary to place adoptable pets into appropriate loving homes.
Your enrollment fee may be considered a tax-deductible contribution, minus any fees for microchipping services provided at the time of enrollment.
13212 SE Eastgate Way, Bellevue, WA 98005
Attn: Pet Guardian Program
or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’re here to help! If you don’t see the answer to your question below, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.