Join Our Dedicated and Talented Team!
Are you looking for employment with Seattle Humane? Do you have a passion for animals, hard work, and providing great customer service? Although we may not have immediate openings for every position, we are always looking for great people to join our team at Seattle Humane. We always accept applications!
Questions? Email: [email protected].
Due to the number of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every inquiry. No phone calls please.
Current employment opportunities with Seattle Humane
The Marketing Director owns and develops the annual marketing and communication plan, directs overall marketing strategy, and manages the marketing process from research and planning to execution and analysis. S/he is responsible for the development of innovative campaigns to meet the marketing and business objectives of the organization. The Marketing Director works cooperatively and effectively with various departments and vendors. S/he collaborates with immediate peer group to achieve goals, which includes the Major and Planned Giving Director and Development Director. Reports directly to Chief Advancement Officer. Manages four staff members: Production Coordinator, Social Media Coordinator, Public Relations Manager, and Visual Designer. Can transition seamlessly among projects of varying scale, audience, format or distribution channel.
KEY OR ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee integration, implementation, and measurement of the organization’s brand strategy across all aspects of the organization.
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging, and marketing and communications strategy are consistently infused in all organizational efforts (programming, development, employee relations, etc.).
- Oversee the planning, development and implementation of the organization’s marketing, public relations and communications strategy that includes social media, print and digital content and email marketing to support strategic goals and objectives.
- Oversee the daily activities of the marketing and communications function of the organization including budgeting, planning and staff development.
- Lead the marketing and communications team with an emphasis on data analytics to make strategic and data-driven decisions.
- Work collaboratively with the development team to effectively communicate with donors in a manner that is engaging and compels them to take action to support the organization and its mission.
- 5+ years of proven leadership in brand marketing and communications that includes a trajectory of increased leadership, preferably in a philanthropic, not-for-profit, or social service organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Passion for animal welfare a must.
- Superior judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Ability to influence peers and senior leaders, and to inspire, nurture, and lead team members.
- Project management experience, including the ability to drive multiple projects across various departments.
- An eye for design and/or excellent writing, AP editing and general communication skills.
- Extremely organized with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience developing an editorial calendar and writing a variety of marketing collateral including but not limited to newsletters, annual reports, web content, flyers, advertisements (print and web) and email marketing campaigns.
- Digital advertising and reporting experience.
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite, content management systems and graphics software, such as Adobe InDesign, and HTML.
- Experiencing tracking a department budget.
- Nonprofit experience highly desirable.
- Convio experience highly desirable.
Licensed Veterinary Technician
We are seeking Amazing Superhero Licensed Veterinary Technicians to work in the Seattle Humane Veterinary Clinic.
Seattle Humane promotes the human-animal bond by saving and serving pets in need, regardless of age, ability, circumstance or geography. We are searching for Veterinary Assistants who can join us in our mission and continue to grow and improve our excellent programs.
Seattle Humane Licensed Veterinary Technicians are responsible for:
- Daily care of all shelter animals and surgical patients
- Daily care of all shelter animals and surgical patients
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians with pre-, peri-, and post-operative care of patients
- Running diagnostic test
- General cleaning
- Following patient care protocols
- Providing positive guidance to the Veterinary Services Team
- Pre medicating, inducing, intubating, and prepping patients for surgery
Candidates must have a commitment to the safe care of animals and be open to learning new and advanced shelter/clinic care techniques. The opportunity for positive change will present itself daily and embracing it is how we better serve our patients and clients.
Chief Advancement Officer
Seattle Humane is seeking a Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) who will be directly responsible for successfully leading and implementing our integrated resource development strategy by generating new relationships and maintaining existing relationships to build the organization's visibility, impact, and financial resources. This individual will be responsible for raising funds to support Seattle Humane’s mission, increase our life-saving capacity, as well as lead and evolve our brand.
The CAO will oversee all aspects of Seattle Humane’s resource development/fundraising strategies and initiatives as well as all marketing and communication efforts. These responsibilities include maintaining and enhancing current successful programming and creating new fundraising streams and initiatives. This position increases awareness and understanding of Seattle Humane’s mission, vision and community outreach through an integrated communication and fundraising strategy.
Pets for Life Program Coordinator
The Pets for Life (PFL) Program Coordinator oversees all aspects of the Pets for Life program at Seattle Humane. Pets for Life is a national program that reaches out to people in underserved communities to offer free pet care resources, services, and information. The service model of the PFL program incorporates strategic door-to-door outreach*, builds a consistent community presence, and uses an extensive follow-up process to build long-lasting relationships with pet owners in these communities. The PFL Coordinator will be responsible for running a strategic, successful program and maintaining communication with the HSUS Pets for Life team for mentorship to ensure consistency with the program’s national best practices.
* Door-to-door outreach will be initially be placed on hold as we monitor the current situation with COVID-19.
Shelter Clinic Director
Seattle Humane is seeking a dynamic and experienced Shelter Clinic Director. The Shelter Clinic Director is responsible for managing the Veterinary Services department, under the direction of the Medical Director, to provide high quality medical care while balancing the needs of the staff, shelter and our community. The Seattle Humane Shelter Clinic provides full service veterinary care to shelter pets, supports surgical training to 4th year WSU veterinary students, hosts a shelter medicine internship, offers reduced cost spay/neuter services to low income public clients and is currently expanding our Community Outreach Veterinary Services to the public.
The Clinic Director must exemplify exceptional leadership and customer service in order to support the mission, goals and philosophy of Seattle Humane. Candidates should have a track record of innovative and inclusive leadership as well as demonstrated accomplishments in veterinary services, animal sheltering/welfare, personnel management, and financial oversight. This is an opportunity to join an incredible team doing impactful, life-saving work every day!
All positions include training opportunities, an employee assistance program for all employees and their families, employee discounts on merchandise and limited veterinary services. Full-time positions are eligible for our benefits marketplace (SH pays a generous monthly amount towards these benefits), ten paid holidays and a generous paid time off plan.