Here’s how it works:
- First, view all of our pet profiles and identify the available pet you wish to bring home.
- Then fill out and submit one of the pre-adoption questionnaires below and include the name of the pet you wish to have join your family. A team member will go over the pet’s specific needs with you during an initial call, to see if you would be a good match.
If you are ready to proceed, you will have the option of placing a hold on that pet until an appointment can be set for an in-person meeting.*
Appointments at Seattle Humane will be conducted using current social distancing measures and cleaning protocols put in place to ensure the health and safety of our staff and adopters. You will receive information about these new guidelines prior to your appointment.
* Please note that appointment availability may be delayed due to current and evolving guidelines related to COVID-19.
* A fee is required to place a hold.
Here’s how it works:
- Interested adopters first fill out our kitten waitlist pre-adoption questionnaire*
- One of our adoption team members will then reach out to schedule an adoption advising appointment to take place over the phone, during which general kitten care and questions will be covered.
- Once the advising is completed, the adopter will be added to the Kitten Waitlist and notified when we have kittens available for adoption. Further details on the Kitten Waitlist process will be provided at the time of the adoption advising.
*The questionnaire link may periodically close as our Waitlist capacity is reached. Please keep checking this page for future availability.
How much will my adoption cost?
- Puppies under 6 months – $400
- Dogs 6+ months and over 25 lbs – $200
- Dogs 6+ months and under 25 lbs – $275
- Kittens under 6 months – $150
- Kittens 6 months to a year – $100
- Cats 1 to 7 years – $75
- Cats 7+ years – $50
- Rabbits – $45
- Guinea Pigs – $15
- Rats, Mice, Gerbils & Hamsters – $5-10
What’s included in the cost?
Adoption fees help provide medical care, training, food, and shelter to our animals. When you adopt from Seattle Humane, you receive more than $570 of services. We also offer adoption events with reduced fees on a regular basis. Sign up for our emails to receive notifications of upcoming adoption events.
Curbside Pick Up Instructions
On March 23, 2020, Governor Jay Inslee issued an Executive Order directing all residents to immediately heed current state public health directives to stay home, except as needed to maintain continuity of operations of essential critical infrastructure sectors to protect the health and well-being of all Washingtonians.
Seattle Humane’s lifesaving operations fall within the Healthcare and Public Health sector profile of the “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers” list that was designated according to the Executive Order.
We remain committed to monitoring COVID-19 developments and following guidance from Washington State Public Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Infection (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to stay on top of best practices around social distancing, cleaning protocols, and other recommended disease prevention measures during these unprecedented times.