Here’s how it works:
- First, view all of our pet profiles and identify the available pet you wish to bring home.
- Then fill out and submit one of the pre-adoption questionnaires below and include the name of the pet you wish to have join your family. A team member will go over the pet’s specific needs with you during an initial call, to see if you would be a good match.
If you are ready to proceed, you will have the option of placing a hold on that pet until an appointment can be set for an in-person meeting.*
Appointments at Seattle Humane will be conducted using current social distancing measures and cleaning protocols put in place to ensure the health and safety of our staff and adopters. You will receive information about these new guidelines prior to your appointment.
* Please note that appointment availability may be delayed due to current and evolving guidelines related to COVID-19.
* A fee is required to place a hold.
Here’s how it works:
- Interested adopters first fill out our kitten waitlist pre-adoption questionnaire*
- One of our adoption team members will then reach out to schedule an adoption advising appointment to take place over the phone, during which general kitten care and questions will be covered.
- Once the advising is completed, the adopter will be added to the Kitten Waitlist and notified when we have kittens available for adoption. Further details on the Kitten Waitlist process will be provided at the time of the adoption advising.
*The questionnaire link may periodically close as our Waitlist capacity is reached. Please keep checking this page for future availability.
How much will my adoption cost?
- Puppies under 6 months – $400
- Dogs 6+ months and over 25 lbs – $200
- Dogs 6+ months and under 25 lbs – $275
- Kittens under 6 months – $150
- Kittens 6 months to a year – $100
- Cats 1 to 7 years – $75
- Cats 7+ years – $50
- Rabbits – $45
- Guinea Pigs – $15
- Rats, Mice, Gerbils & Hamsters – $5-10
What’s included in the cost?
Adoption fees help provide medical care, training, food, and shelter to our animals. When you adopt from Seattle Humane, you receive more than $570 of services. We also offer adoption events with reduced fees on a regular basis. Sign up for our emails to receive notifications of upcoming adoption events.
Curbside Pick Up Instructions
When is a pet considered eligible for curbside pick-up?
As the pandemic has evolved, Seattle Humane responded by introducing a new limited-contact way of completing adoptions via curbside pick-up. While we are always looking to increase the parameters for those who can take part, here is an overview of what criteria a pet must meet to participate in these types of adoptions:
- All small animals
- Dogs who are easy to handle, without significant behavioral concerns
- All cats, with the exception of severe behavioral conditions
We are forgoing the curbside option for some animals with medical issues that would be better served with an ongoing Foster-to-Adopt relationship.