This class is for dogs who are reactive (lunging, barking, growling) toward other dogs when on leash. Learn calming techniques, how to manage your dog when on-leash around other dogs, and how to teach your dog to react more appropriately when he sees another dog.
Fee: $275 (or free with Seattle Humane adoption)
Prerequisite: Dog and Puppy Training 101 and Instructor Permission.
Sundays 1/5 – 2/9 at 8:45am — Spaces Available
Mondays 1/6 – 2/10 at 5pm — Spaces Available
Tuesdays 1/7 – 2/11 at 8pm — FULL (Enroll for an audit spot here)
Additional class details:
- This class is not for dogs who have aggression towards humans and does not address off-leash dog-dog interactions.
- For this course, you must plan to attend every session of class with the same handler(s) and be prepared to spend 30 minutes to an hour practicing daily homework assignments. All class attendees must be 14 years of age or older; anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Do not bring your dog to the first class; this is a MANDATORY humans-only orientation in addition to the Dog and Puppy Training 101 seminar.
- This class uses positive reinforcement methods, including the use of food rewards and clicker training. Visual barriers and specially designed training exercises involving controlled exposure to other dogs are used to set your dog up for success. There will be no off-leash interaction; on-leash interaction is based on dog’s progress throughout the course.
- Prefer to attend without your dog? We have a limited number of audit slots available. You will be provided with all class materials and will have the opportunity to observe, learn, and ask questions. This class is packed with valuable tips and techniques on how to work with dogs who display reactivity, aggression, and fear-based aggression in an on-leash context. Enroll for an audit spot here.
Complete our questionnaire. Once instructor permission is obtained, we will send you a link to enroll. Please note that we cannot reserve a place in class until you have instructor permission, have scheduled attendance in the Dog and Puppy Training 101 seminar, and the class fee has been received.