Under Construction FAQ
Are you looking to adopt a new best friend? Seattle Humane is open during construction!
Seattle Humane broke ground on a new shelter and teaching hospital at our current site! During this exciting time, our pet adoption center and most of our services will continue to operate at 13212 SE Eastgate Way in Bellevue.
Business hours and parking: Normal, details here.
Entrance to buildings: Our entrances to the Adoption Center (Driveway A), Veterinary Services Department (Driveway A), and Admissions Center (Driveway B), have not changed.
This page will keep you informed on this exciting project and how it will affect various programs and services on campus. The info you need is detailed below, by department. If you have questions, call us at 425-641-0080 or email [email protected] for details. We appreciate your patience!
Several services will be discontinued during the construction phase from March 2016-Fall 2017: Public Dog Training Classes, Animal Adventures Summer Camp and Preschool Pets. All programming will resume at Grand Opening!
Some business departments are moving off-campus during construction: Administration, Development/Donor services, Finance and Marketing are moving to interim offices in downtown Bellevue.
Trying to reach a specific staff member? See our staff contact list here.
Adoptions, Admissions, Veterinary Services: Email [email protected] or call 425-641-0080
- Location, hours and parking on our campus is unchanged at this time
Community Outreach Programs: Email [email protected] or call 425-649-7566 for details or appointment requests.
- Pet Food Bank – The new location is 1085 12th Ave NW, Ste D-6, Issaquah, WA 98027
Hours: M-F 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., and other times by appointment only.
- In-Kind donations may be made at our campus in Bellevue, or by reviewing our wishlist with Amazon. Due to limited storage during construction, we cannot accept litter pans, used cat trees, used cat and dog beds, pillows, sheets/comforters, dog houses, Beneful dog food, automatic water/food dispensers, carpet/rugs, and human clothing.
- Would you like to help us expand the Pet Food Bank? Please email [email protected] for details.
- Pet Project - Clinics will continue to be on campus, on a quarterly basis.
- Pet Loss Support – Meets monthly in the Community Room at Crossroads Mall in Bellevue from 10 a.m. - Noon. Upcoming dates: Feb. 18, Mar. 18, April 15, May 20, June 17, July 15, Aug. 19, Sept. 16, Oct. 21, Nov. 18
Donor Services , Development: Contact [email protected] or call 425-641-0080
- Cash donations may be made in our adoption lobby or may be mailed to our current address at 13212 SE Eastgate Way, Bellevue, WA. 98005
- In-kind donations may be made at our campus in Bellevue, or by reviewing our wishlist with Amazon. Due to limited storage during construction, we cannot accept: litter pans, used cat trees, used cat and dog beds, pillows, sheets/comforters, dog houses, Beneful dog food, automatic water/food dispensers, carpet/rugs, human clothing.
- Our development staff will be located in offices in downtown Bellevue during construction. Please call 425-641-0080 or email [email protected] to make an appointment to visit our development staff.
Education: Email [email protected] or call 425-373-5385
- Humane Teen Club – Click here for program information and application links.
- Preschool Pets – This program is on hiatus until summer of 2017.
- Kitty Literature – Scheduled reading visits will not change. Contact [email protected] for upcoming orientations and to schedule visits.
- MaxMobile – Use contact information above to schedule.
- Visiting Pet Friends – Use contact information above regarding schedules, meeting times, program updates.
- Education volunteers – Will receive updates from Jen regarding program changes.
Volunteers/Operations: Email [email protected]
- If you volunteer in a particular department, such as operations, adoptions, community outreach or education, your contact will remain the same, and that person will keep you informed of changes pertaining to you via email.
- Entry for all volunteers has not changed at this time; however, you will now find the volunteer time clock and communications board in the Adoption Center.