Seattle Humane Society provides services to keep people and pets together in King County. Low-income senior citizens can receive a supplemental supply of pet food. People disabled by HIV/AIDS can receive pet food, supplies, grooming and veterinary care.
Pet Food Bank
Seattle Humane Society's Pet Food Bank collects pet food donations for the pets of seniors and low-income community members. The Pet Food Bank feeds more than 1,700 pets in need every month with 12,000 pounds of donated pet food that is delivered to local senior centers, low-income housing complexes, food banks and individual homes.
To be considered for Pet Food Bank services, call (425) 649-7566 or fill out an application below and email to [email protected].
Donations to the Pet Food Bank
Five easy ways to help us feed pets in need:
- Donate pet food at any King County Safeway store. Just look for our Holiday Pet Food Drive barrel and drop in a bag or can!
- Donate pet food through our Wish List at Amazon.com. (Please send your receipt to [email protected])
- Drop pet food off at the shelter at 13212 SE Eastgate Way in Bellevue anytime.
- Donate at a barrel buddy store that collects pet food on our behalf. Find a store near you.
- Make a monetary donation. (Choose "Pet Food Bank" under "Gift Designation.")
Pet Project - Helping Clients with HIV/AIDS
Pet Project, an offshoot of the Pet Food Bank, provides services to individuals disabled by HIV/AIDS. Pet Project matches volunteers one-on-one with clients to help them with their basic pet care needs on a monthly basis and enable clients to keep their pets. All services and supplies are donated or purchased with donated funds.
Pet Project includes free services:
- Pet food and cat litter delivery
- Pet items such as beds, scratching posts
- Basic veterinary care at our bimonthly clinics
- Basic grooming services
- Pet care information
Individuals disabled by HIV/AIDS should call (425) 649-7566 to be considered for Pet Project services. Organizations that support people disabled by HIV/AIDS may also contact us if interested in collaborative efforts or partnerships. Pet Project is funded in part by a grant from the Pride Foundation.
Visiting Pet Friends Program
Through our Visiting Pet Friends program, Seattle Humane Society volunteers and their certified pets visit hundreds of seniors and people with disabilities in retirement homes and health care facilities throughout King County. If you would like to arrange to have a Visiting Pet Friends team visit your facility, please call (425) 649-7566.
You might also like to:
our pet advice pages
how to leave a legacy to the animals