Teaching Compassion for Life
The Seattle Humane Society is committed to sowing the seeds of compassion in the pet owners of tomorrow.
A few easy ways to teach your children empathy for our furry friends:
- Involve them in pet care responsibilities. Let them help walk the family dog, or feed the family cat.
- Put a bird feeder in your back yard!
- Take your child to your local animal shelter. At the Seattle Humane Society, you and your children can brush, pet, and play with our adoptable cats.
- Volunteer to provide temporary foster care to a pet in need and let them help!
- Contact the Seattle Humane Society to arrange to have our MaxMobile visit your child’s school. Our MaxMobile bring humane education and adoptable pets to the community.
- Enroll your child in Seattle Humane’s Animal Adventures Day Camp this summer (register below)!
Group tours are available! Use our form to schedule your tour.
You might also like to:
fun games and activities for your dogs
fun activities for your kitties
our upcoming events