Humane Teen Club
HTC is a junior volunteer and teen development program created specifically for young adults, 13-17 years old. This club is for animal-loving teens interested in animal welfare, helping on campus, meeting other teens who love animals, exploring animal related careers, and developing public speaking and leadership skills. This fun, informative and interactive program focuses on preparing teens to become responsible volunteers and representatives of Seattle Humane.
Applications are due Aug. 20, 2016 and the program runs throughout the school year from Oct.-June. HTC meets two Saturdays each month and teens learn about Seattle Humane and receive special training to prepare them to volunteer at the shelter. Space is limited and admittance is based on the strength of the application essay.
• Teens must have an interest in animal welfare, protection, and companionship.
• Teens must be able to work both independently and in groups.
• Teens must be at least 13, and no older than 17 years of age by the first meeting.
• Teens must complete, submit an application AND attend a mandatory informational session.
• Teens must have a positive and respectful attitude towards each other, staff, volunteers and animals.
Click the links below for HTC applications.
Is there a fee?
There is an enrollment fee of $225. This fee covers program costs and a teen volunteer t-shirt. We are committed to making our programs accessible to all and offer scholarships for those needing assistance. To receive a full or partial scholarship please complete the scholarship application linked below.
Need more information?
Click here for information, instructions on how to apply and more.
Want to talk to our education coordinator?
Call (425) 373-5385 or email [email protected].